McDonalds Olympic Day Run 2008

Distance : 7.3km (Frank's nike+ sportsband)
Venue : Dataran Merdeka

Andy > Frank > me


I know...dun laugh!! taken by pacemaker photographer whoever you are hehe


Short Version

  • Reached there with Goma and Sin May, too late to meet up with runnerz circle ppl.
  • Its Sin May's first time hehehehehehehe.
  • Watched leonard, waikuan, eddie, xinyi, yi xiong, and goma do aerobics.
  • Lined up quite at the back. BANG!! all of a sudden without even announcing "Ready!, GEt set! etc".
  • 2ndary school students at the start were slow and blocking the whole road, imagine 5-6 girls walking together in a horizontal line just few hundred metres away from starting line
  • Freed myself somewhere after the ktm station.
  • Met uncle Thiam Fook lol
  • Ran at 90+% max HR macam mau mampus the whole race.
Finished with 46:10 sec and dunked lots lots lots lots of ribena and a few cups of milo.

Long Version
Reached Laitee house only realised I didn't bring my report card, rush back home to take it sigh there goes the petrol. Parked at Lake Gardens which I will come to regret later (more on this later). Started the run, zig zagging to potong all the school kids that just love to appear together in a horizontal line either walking or jogging at a speed of walking. Only got to free myself during the hilly part . ONLY THEN I REALISED its part of the Double Hill route! I thought McD run should be easy,relaxing and flat all the way. I love the hills anyway heeee :D .

Met uncle Thiam Fook along the way lol. Amazingly i was running at about 90+ % of my max heart rate, couldn't control myself. For the first time, I overestimated the distance when I notice "uik? finishing d wor", normally I underestimate the distance and begging for the finish line to appear in front of me. After crossing the finish line, seconds later Lai tee crossed the finish line WITH A MEDAL IN HAND.....for that split second I wish I was a girl hahaha. Nah...being a guy is still good !!!ngek ngek

I'm satisfied with the result....but would like to be faster next time.


Youthaflame and SinMay!


With Lai Tee's sisters, Lai Tee's sisters' friends etc.

Time : 46:10
Average HR : 180
Peak HR : 194 (GILA siut...must be during the last 200 m)

So after all the drinking and taking pictures, went back to car and noticed my rear passenger side mirror was smashed. Thank GOD nothinggggg was stolen. I wasn't happy with that (who would lol) but I'm kinda alright, wasn't jumping around with fists flinging in the air or shouting profanities. Just worried about how much ringgit its gonna cost us this time.

5 Responses Subscribe to comments

  1. gravatar
    beddi

    which is the rear passenger's side mirror?

    June 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM

  2. gravatar
    Jon

    tmr morning check ur car, i've broken ur car window at the same spot hehehehehe. The back window....

    June 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM

  3. gravatar
    beddi

    that's a window not mirror, right? haha

    June 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM

  4. gravatar
    Fayeyin

    waseh...but luckily, nothing got stolen...curse the person who smashed ur 'window'!!!

    June 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM

  5. gravatar
    Jon

    deb: i wrote mirror?oh yeah i did. my bad didn't double check my post, there were some grammar mistakes too ahahaha malas la.

    faye: yeah and sin may wasn't stolen as well hhehehe if not the parents sure kill me. Haha no need curse kua, hope they change n be a more useful person.

    June 30, 2008 at 8:29 PM