Left Clavicle

New year, new blog, new goals AND 1 Fractured clavicle (collar bone)....!!!LOL

I try to keep it short. Cycled up the cheras hartamas uphill road then saw the sun rise and I felt so nice for being able to climb up here and the beautiful scenery. So decided to turn back downhill all the way back. Halfway descending, saw this drain cover part of the road, so i slowed down for it....LITTLE DID I KNOW, 1 NOT-SO-OBVIOUS HOLE was there, split second later, i entered matrix mode, i flew and next thing i know i'm on the ground. My first thought was, whether the car behind stopped, she did anyway. So took my time, slowly get up, gave a priceless gaya kneeling pose and then....ouch my left shoulder....

I felt the bruising on my left collarbone and i knew it was either fractured or dislocated, I hope dislocated, faster healing, cheaper medical bills. Walked some distance, lend a security guard's hp to call my parents to pick me up at petronas. On the way, to petronas a cyclist passed me by offering his bandage but i said its ok since my parents are coming. Cut the whole story short, x-rayed, a fracture on my left collar bone with a superficial angulation (superficial means upper, thus the angle of the fracture is upwards).

Below is a pic of my not-so-macho body on my left shoulder with the splint, cant see the bruise caused by the fracture coz covered by the splint. Girls that are sensitive, skip this pic hee hee..(i made it small so it wont cause geliness.......)








Below is my x-ray results....can see the fracture???ouch~ its supposed to be straight.




















End Result :
Thank :
1) God the most, for I believe He's watching me and protected me from further harm, no doubt about that!
2) My helmet, i actually knocked my head to the tarmac road, because of it i did not feel any pain because the helmet absorbed the impact or my injury could have been worse.
3) The 3 Malay guys that offered help....once again, incidence like this make me wanna believe that racial harmony is possible. For those who are a bit biased to the other races, READ THIS!!!!!, the chinese drivers just looked and waiting for me to clear the road after my fall so they could be on their way instead of offering help.
4) my parents definitely
5) my frens who cared and worried about me, thanks brothers n sisters....

Damages/Loss:
1) my favorite Nike water bottle, it flew somewhere when i crashed.
2) my bicycle rear light
3) my adidas shade, and its my first time WEARING IT OUT!!!
4) 2 punctured tyres

20 Responses Subscribe to comments

  1. gravatar
    dcwm

    2 Thessolonians 5:16 - Rejoice always

    Dont worry bro, as ur fellow rider in crime just hang in I had my fair share of falls and crashes. Falls n crashes are part of cycling. same risks u take when u are driving. Dont let the fall defer u.

    take a nice long rest

    God bless

    January 13, 2008 at 12:16 AM

  2. gravatar
    Jon

    haha lol...thanks for the bible verse encouragement. Theres a unspoken saying that 1 is not a real cyclist if he/she has not fallen before but...i cant believe my 1st fall is this bad....hahahahahaha, guess, cant ride up genting sempah with u for the time being...

    January 13, 2008 at 12:33 AM

  3. gravatar
    tezuka

    Walao...suddenly your life so interesting liao O.o Oh dear...Will pray for fast fast healing for you haha! :P

    January 13, 2008 at 12:40 AM

  4. gravatar
    Anonymous

    Isaiah 41:10

    0 Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

    Cheer up bro, you reminded my 3 significant accident. and without fail by His grace my life is spared. Try to pray for journey mercy every day for driving or cycling. May our Lord hands with you so you will not cause pain (Jabez).:P

    January 13, 2008 at 12:55 AM

  5. gravatar
    ZB

    hey baby, when did it happened?

    January 13, 2008 at 3:00 AM

  6. gravatar
    Jon

    saturday morning.....:( got to lay off sports for weeks....

    January 13, 2008 at 11:45 AM

  7. gravatar
    Jon

    tezuka,

    u cursed me issit? so that i have more 'interesting' things to write on my blog???hehehehehehhe

    January 13, 2008 at 11:46 AM

  8. gravatar
    Anonymous

    Hey, since when u started cycling? How come i don't know?? Call me as friend summore... Anyway, hope you get well so soon la har.. Sayang ~~

    Btw, i totally agree with tezuka that 'suddenly''your like become so interesting de...

    You know ar, i so good to you..chang my blog settings so that YOU can leave comments without signing up... better visit it more frequent!!!

    January 13, 2008 at 3:51 PM

  9. gravatar
    tezuka

    Hehehe...I din noe I was so powderful wor....XXXP...Anyway get well soon hor...heehe...I hope you will not have any more accidents then...XP (Just in case I continue to be so powderful O.o)

    January 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM

  10. gravatar
    Anonymous

    yo bro, i cAll upon HEAlinG to your left collar bone hehe it will recover vry soon then we go ride again. UPHILL!!!
    take care man~

    January 13, 2008 at 9:25 PM

  11. gravatar
    Jon

    mari bro!!

    January 13, 2008 at 10:51 PM

  12. gravatar
    Anonymous

    Nike water bottle and adidas shades.. so rich.. don't forget you still owe me lunch and dinner...

    January 14, 2008 at 9:53 AM

  13. gravatar
    beddi

    yalo so rich.
    boringnya nothing new to read...

    January 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

  14. gravatar
    Jon

    tanya la dulu the details first, simply say i rich. nike botol, mum got it free from somewhere, adidas shades, free also ....lol

    January 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM

  15. gravatar
    dcwm

    Jonny boy crashed coz he was looking at leng lui by the side of the road.......wak wak wak wak

    January 14, 2008 at 10:53 PM

  16. gravatar
    ZB

    are you sure you were not TRYING tp doing the Rambo stun?

    January 15, 2008 at 12:46 AM

  17. gravatar
    Deniece

    hmm... tezuka said.. "suddenly..." means... b4 tat ur life was..bo*ahem ahem*ring la.. he he he he he.. xp

    at least u hav no open wounds where bacteria can masuk.. n u dont need to reopen ur wound for painful washin everyday..!!

    better dun move so much... after u crack ur other shoulder.. he he.. take care~

    January 15, 2008 at 10:53 PM

  18. gravatar
    Jon

    dc: did dungeonmaster gave u the coordinates of the hostel? hee

    lyie: u watched too much movie

    dniz:ur wound is NOTHING at all,u should try breaking ur clavicle, i bet u cry like theres no tomorrow.!!

    January 15, 2008 at 11:39 PM

  19. gravatar
    ZB

    yeah.. when you get well, we watch movie together again, k?

    January 18, 2008 at 10:24 AM

  20. gravatar
    Allbelot

    Jeremiah 17:14-18 (New King James

    Jeremiah Prays for Deliverance
    14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise.

    15 Indeed they say to me,
    “ Where is the word of the LORD?
    Let it come now!”

    16 As for me, I have not hurried away from being a shepherd who follows You,
    Nor have I desired the woeful day;
    You know what came out of my lips;
    It was right there before You.

    17 Do not be a terror to me;
    You are my hope in the day of doom.

    18 Let them be ashamed who persecute me,
    But do not let me be put to shame;
    Let them be dismayed,
    But do not let me be dismayed.
    Bring on them the day of doom,
    And destroy them with double destruction!

    January 19, 2008 at 11:57 PM